Day Tripper (& July Playlist)


She was a day tripper
Sunday driver, yeah
It took me so long to find out
And I found out

{One of my favourite songs....ever}
 
Here are my photos from my day out with two of my favourite people in the whole world...N (in the purple) and H (in the pink tank). We went downtown to Kensington Market---a vintage mecca in Toronto and came home with some great finds! Unfortunately, I didn't shoot many pictures but hopefully next time I will. There were some stores I was absolutely dying to go into such as Courage My Love (14 Kensington Ave), Flashback (33 Kensington Ave) & Bungalow (273 Augusta Avenue) but I was a little disappointed at the selection the stores had.

First up on our trip was Bungalow and we spent forever browsing through their sunglasses (reasonably priced at $20). Their vintage clothing however, was a little overpriced but they also carried contemporary designs from Von Dutch and the like. I was amazed by their vintage leather jacket rack!

Next up was Flashback but I didn't spend too long in the store as my friends decided the smell of cannabis was way too off-putting. The store didn't carry anything appealing to me so we made a stop at Courage My Love.

Let me tell you, I was EXCITED for this store as I had heard so many great things about it from other Toronto bloggers. I walked away with a green friendship bracelet, an ankh charm and two skull beads for less than $10. Would've liked to spend less seeing as everything was very small but I can't complain much as the two skull beads ($2 each) are what I have been wanting since forever!

One of the most memorable stores at Kensington's was "Blue Banana Market" (250 Augusta Avenue). It was like the ultimate indie gift shop. I seriously wanted to buy every single thing in the store ----from the "Keep Calm and Carry On" merchandise to their pin-up wallets.

Tim Hortons' Iced Cappuchinos to start the day
Jewellery in "Blue Banana Market"
A huge isle in "Blue Banana Market"
Fun clocks at Blue Banana
A Beatle's tank ($12) from Kensington Ave --- the store also had amazing Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger and Audrey Hepburn tanks! Check back soon to see how I put this in an OOTD!
My skull bracelets, made with beads from Courage My Love
Skulls...one green and one with a colour-block peace sign on the crown
Ankh
That's it for my trip! I am definitely planning to go back this summer and hit up Queen Street as well...Also, before I forget to mention this, I've decided to compile a list of my favourite songs for each month, starting with July! If all goes well, it will be a monthly feature. Below, are my most played tunes for July:

{I do not own any of these album covers}
{CLICK TO LISTEN}
Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr - "Simple Girl"
Arkells - "Whistleblower"
Surfer Blood - "Take it Easy"
Free Energy - "Something In Common"
Think About Life - "Sweet 16"
Bon Iver - "Blood Bank"
Arkells - "Kiss Cam"
Amy Winehouse - "Valerie"

Tell me what you think of my playlist!
Love, J. 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer
i like sunshine, candles, tans, crushes, the 60's, indie, lilies, Frappachinos, Joseph Gordon Levitt, walruses, the Toronto Maple Leafs, hippies, limes, fresh laundry, Banksy, Vivian Leigh, bows, peace, messy hair, John Hughes movies, blush, denim, Maxfield Parish, florals, fringe, mirages and a + b-sides. Send me an email here: jnnfrchn@hotmail(dot)com
View my complete profile