Dîner en Blanc











I was reading the Toronto Star this morning after retrieving it from my mailbox and was so intrigued about this first ever flash mob (invite-only) picnic that took place on Tuesday in the city's Distillery District. Apparently, it started in 1988 in Paris, which is pretty darn cool and it's been surprising the tradition has been trending for such a long time.  
Dîner en Blanc literally translates into "Dinner in White" (Thank you 9 years of learning French!) and it reminded me of those summer "white parties" which have similar concepts. I thought these pictures and the cobblestone scenery were absolutely stunning as I'm a city girl at heart, though I live in the suburbs at the moment. You can click the links provided for additional reading.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is all so pretty. I'd be the girl to get a food stain on my white dress though haha.

<3 Rachel
dress ups and mess ups

mai said...

So beautiful. That third picture is unreal!

doublehope said...

oh my gosh, great pictures! I looooove it!

come, visit me
http://www.double-hope.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

I love these pictures! I've been to a "white dress" party once before. It was some sort of fundraiser and I got an orange stain on my skirt while eating! (:

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer
i like sunshine, candles, tans, crushes, the 60's, indie, lilies, Frappachinos, Joseph Gordon Levitt, walruses, the Toronto Maple Leafs, hippies, limes, fresh laundry, Banksy, Vivian Leigh, bows, peace, messy hair, John Hughes movies, blush, denim, Maxfield Parish, florals, fringe, mirages and a + b-sides. Send me an email here: jnnfrchn@hotmail(dot)com
View my complete profile