Book Inspiration - "Caps for Sale"

I love the bright colours and the 30s drawings from this little picture book:













I won't explain the plot in detail, but it's basically about some very mischievous monkeys who cause a hat peddler to be greatly distressed. Read the plot here. 
When I read about this book, I actually was surprised to find out that it was quite famous and sold approximately two MILLION copies. Wow. 
The colours in the book reflect the current "colour-blocking" trend and I am actually currently wearing a somewhat colour-blocked outfit (pictures to come soon). I have a friend's birthday coming up and am thinking to replicate some of these drawings onto her birthday card as I always, always, always make the cards. Anyhow, if I do end up doing so, I'll post the pictures on here too!
Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Jennifer
i like sunshine, candles, tans, crushes, the 60's, indie, lilies, Frappachinos, Joseph Gordon Levitt, walruses, the Toronto Maple Leafs, hippies, limes, fresh laundry, Banksy, Vivian Leigh, bows, peace, messy hair, John Hughes movies, blush, denim, Maxfield Parish, florals, fringe, mirages and a + b-sides. Send me an email here: jnnfrchn@hotmail(dot)com
View my complete profile